Monday, July 12, 2010

Podcasts Lesson A

Podcasts....wow! I have really enjoyed checking out the various podcasts. I have found so much information.
I checked out Math Dude and I loved his voice! (The website...not the acutal dude..although..I might like to after hearing his voice.) I know that I could sit and listen to him but I'm not sure if my third graders would be able to sit through the podcast without drifting away. I feel that I, and my third graders, need video and audio podcasts.
Reading Rockets was out of this world...hehe. I know that I will use the Meet the Author podcasts when I am teaching writing and author studies. There are many authors to choose from...Megan McDonald, Seymour Simon, Tomie dePaola, Mary Pope Osborne, Jane Yolen and many more. The authors talk about how they started writing and how they get ideas. I also found that the Writing and Reading podcasts were helpful. I would love to use these on my teacher website for parents. I just need to figure out how to get them on the website. Kathy???? Anyone?????
Storynory was cute. I could use the stories and poems when I'm teaching Reader's Theater, Dramatic Reading, and Poetry.
Now, onto the SCARY part..Part B...My own podcast. I'm working on it..Hope to have it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment